*this theme is the global United Nation themes used for International Women's Day worldwide*
- 2008: Investing in Women and Girls
- 2007: Ending Impunity for Violence against Women and Girls
- 2006: Women in decision making
- 2005: Gender Equality Beyond 2005: Building a More Secure Future
- 2004: Women and HIV/AIDS
- 2003: Gender Equality and the Millennium Development Goals
- 2002: Afghan Women Today: Realities and Opportunities
- 2001: Women and Peace: Women Managing Conflicts
- 2000: Women Uniting for Peace
- 1999: World Free of Violence against Women
- 1998: Women and Human Rights
- 1997: Women at the Peace Table
- 1996: Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future
Content of IWD...
The movement to empower women to make their own decisions regarding all aspects of their lives, including whether or not they marry, choice of professional, economic, and political futures has resulted in many rightful victories for women around the world, and yet the battle is still being fought on many fronts.
If you are a woman, celebrate yourself, your mothers and sisters on this day by taking the choices and decisions you are faced with upon yourself.
Talk with other women, and learn from their experiences, especially those who are older or of a different cultural background than yourself and may have been differently affected by prejudice and sexism.
Ultimately, your life is yours to lead, and if there is a person, group, law, or social stigma that stands in your way because of your sex, it is your responsibility to yourself and all women to confront and change them or it.
nowadays,women around the world had achieve much great success that able to put them in the same line as other successful men.now is the era of Revolutionary for Women.now is the time for women to shine.