officially today is the first day of Ramadhan. means, it it compulsory for all Muslims to fast. Fasting, literally defined, fasting means to abstain "completely" from foods, drinks, intimate intercourse and smoking, before the break of the dawn till sunset, during the entire month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic year. there are without a doubt numerous benefits of this fasting.
(1) It teaches man the principle of sincere Love: because when he observes Fasting he does it out of deep love for God. And the man who loves God truly is a man who really knows what love is.
(2) It equips man with a creative sense of hope and an optimistic outlook on life; because when he fasts he is hoping to please God and is seeking His Grace.
(3) It imbues in man the genuine virtue of effective devotion, honest dedication and closeness to God; because when he fasts he does so for God and for His sake alone.
(4) It cultivates in man a vigilant and sound conscience; because the fasting person keeps his fast in secret as well as in public. In fasting, especially, there is no mundane authority to check man's behavior or compel him to observe fasting. He keeps it to please God and satisfy his own conscience by being faithful in secret and in public. There is no better way to cultivate a sound conscience in man.
(5) It indoctrinates man in patience and selflessness, as through fasting, he feels the pains of deprivation but he endures them patiently.
(6) It is an effective lesson in applied moderation and willpower.
(7) Fasting also provides man with a transparent soul, a clear mind and a light body.
(8) It shows man a new way of wise savings and sound budgeting.
(9) It enables man to master the art of Mature Adaptability. We can easily understand the point once we realize that fasting makes man change the entire course of his daily life.
(10) It grounds man in discipline and healthy survival.
(11) It originates in man the real spirit of social belonging, unity and brotherhood, of equality before God as well as before the law.
(12) It is a Godly prescription for self-reassurance and self-control.
these facts were extracted by me from here ---> FASTING in ISLAM
i agree and believe of all the benefits stated here but somehow i still would like to make it more into my way of understanding. well, for me, despite because of the religion,i think it is more how God wants to teach us the value of empathy. through fasting, we learn and understand the situation of the people who only managed to have only 1 meal per day or not having meal at all. moreover, we will learn more about appreciation of life and humanity. that is what i felt the need of fasting in a Muslim's life.
okays, enough serious stuff here!
notice the picture up there? at the beginning of the post?
well that's the view from my bedroom window. the window besides my bed.
i snapped that this 'morning' around 12-ish.
when i woke up this 'morning', "aah, first day of puasa."
last night slept kinda late, watch some teevee, solat tarrawih, texting with people, and whateversheets.
wake up around 5a.m for sahur. kinda excited for the puasa. uuu,dats new liyana!
obviously i was still damn sleepy at that time so immediately after eating sahur i went straight to my room. rollroll on my bed and stared at the ceiling for quite some time then i checked my phones.
SonyErricsonW890i: new message from Sasha.
Motorola V3xxi: two new message from Haziq : one new message from Azlan
so, i replied to Sasha and Haziq.
texted for awhile and went back to sleep.
very funny dream..kinda woke up a few times before 12pm but because i dont see any sunlight soo i get back to sleep again. ngaaaaaa. what a wonderful feeling to sleep!!!!
then my Sony phone rings.whattheeffinhell???!!!!
siapa laa yang berani kacau my sleep???
saw Ewan's name on the screen..
uhhh...picked it up and answer in a very sleepy way..
after talking to Ewan, i cant go back to sleep.
thanks sooooo much Ewan!!!! whatthehell.
then,wake up half-heartedly and look out the window..
GLOOMY CLOUDY SAD EMO GREY
thus, i grabbed my phone and snapped the view.
shower and bla bla bla.
ooh ya, did LOADS of thinking about my situation rite now and i came to one conclusion.
help mama with the berbuka cooking and went to the bakery for some kaya kok and my Macau egg tart.
again,i am disappointed. No egg tart..uhhhhh...